“Merry Christmas!” – lesson plan
NUMBER OF STUDENTS
11th Dec 2017
TOPIC: Merry Christmas!
TARGET VOCABULARY: Father Christmas, sleigh, reindeer, bell, star, Christmas tree, Christmas ball
AIM OF THE LESSON:
- To understand Christmas traditions and learn Christmas vocabulary.
- Our chants: “English is everywhere”, “Goodbye friends”
- Our song: “We wish you a Merry Christmas”
- Our wordlist: Christmas
- Our instructions: sit down; stand up; hands up; work in pairs; listen to me; be quite, please; open your books at page …; close your books etc.
FORMS OF WORK:
individual work, work in pairs, group work
METHOTS OF TEACHING:
- The Natural Approach
- Total Physiacal Response (TPR Method)
- The Audiolingual Method
- The Communicative Approach
LESSON MATERIALS: notebook, mp3, book, laptop, interactive whiteboard, crayons, worksheets, cards „Memory”, flashcards, word card, multimedia presentation, poster, film about Christmas (3:10)
- Welcome students and say the chant:
“English is here, English is there,
English is everywhere, so…
Clap your hands, turn around, jump and sit down”
- Ask students to watch a short film and talk about Christmas traditions.
- Show your multimedia presentation with Christmas vocabulary.
- Learn a new song. “We wish you a Merry Christmas”.
- Show the flashcards and say: “It’s a Christmas ball, It’s a Father Christmas, It’s a bell, It’s a reindeer, It’s a sleigh, It’s a star”.
- Show the flashcards once again, say it loud and ask students to repeat after you. Say: „It’s a star… Repeat, please”. Learn how to say all of these vocabulary words correctly.
- Put the word cards on the desk and choose a few students. Say the words. Everyone has to take one card and put it under the picture. Say: “Listen to me… take the card with the word “reindeer” and stick this card on the wall”.
- Ask students to make a note (worksheet).
- Ask students to open the books at page number 62. They have to tell you what they can see in the picture.
- Ask students to stick the symbols of Christmas to the poster.
- Play a game of “Memory”. Say: “And now… work in pairs. Let’s play cards . For example, find two Christmas trees, two bells, two reindeers and say these English words.”
- Sing a song with students: “We wish you a Merry Christmas”.
- Say: “Thank you for your work! Great job!
- Say the chant with students: “ Time to finish, time to go… Goodbye friends – off we go!”